One of the most important vouchers in tally is payment voucher in tally because it is used very often.
Exact opposite of this voucher is receipt entry or voucher in tally.
You can also use a journal voucher in tally for doing all the payment entries as well.
Whether you are doing a GST tax payment or a simple payment entry for expenses, payment voucher is the one which is used in tally.
Let’s look at how you can use payment vouchers in tally.
What you will learn in this post
- How to pass GST tax payment voucher entry in tally
- Passing expenses payment entry in tally without TDS
- Payment entry in tally with TDS
- How to view the payment vouchers in tally
- Shortcut key for payment voucher in tally
- Download payment entry in Tally ERP 9 PDF
How to pass GST Tax Payment Voucher Entry in Tally ERP 9
In passing a GST tax payment voucher entry in tally, you need to take care of one important thing which is statutory adjustment or stat adjustment.
Whenver you create a GST accounting entry in tally, after that you have to make the payment of GST.
That is where this voucher is used.
Let me show you what it is in a step by step method and procedure.
- From Gateway of Tally, go to Accounting Vouchers.
- Now, select Payment Voucher from the right hand side or press F5 which is the tally shortcut key for payment voucher in tally.
- Now, select Stat Payment or press ALT + S. This is used to define a GST payment in tally so that it will reflect in the GST return as well.
- In the Statutory Payment window, select the tax type as GST and appropriate period i.e. either monthly or quarterly.
- Payment type will be Regular.
- In the debit side, select the appropriate GST taxation ledger for which the liability is pending. It can be either CGST, SGST, IGST or UTGST.
- On the credit side, select the bank account through which you are making the payment.
- Now, you can enter the GST tax payment details such as NEFT, Name of Bank, CPIN, CIN, BRN or UTR and payment date.
- Finally, enter the narration in the payment voucher and save the entry.
Congratulations! You have successfully passed a GST tax payment voucher entry in tally.
Expenses Payment Entry in Tally without TDS
This is a normal payment entry in tally which is mostly used for recording any kind of expenses in tally.
For example, you paid office expenses of ₹10,000. Then, this is how you are supposed to do the entry in tally.
- In the payment voucher in tally, select Office Expenses as the ledger on the debit side. Office expenses should be created under Direct Expenses in tally.
On the credit side, select cash or bank through which you are making the payment.
- Press Enter and save the entry.
Congratulations! You have successfully created expenses payment entry in tally without TDS.
Payment Entry in Tally with TDS
When we purchase something from anyone or are just making the payment of salary to the employees, this is the payment entry you have to use.
The only difference between this entry and the above expenses is that we are going to use TDS ledgers here.
Let’s take another example
You are paying ₹1,00,000 to your employee as a salary.
You are deducting TDS at the rate of 10% i.e. ₹10,000 and paying the rest of the ₹90,000 through bank account.
This entry can also be done using payroll voucher in tally if you are using payroll in tally.
For this entry, we need 2 more ledgers. They are:
- Salary Ledger under Direct Expenses
- TDS ledger under Duties & Taxes
Let’s do the payment entry.
- In the payment voucher, select the salary ledger on the debit side and enter the amount of ₹1,00,000.
- Now, on the credit side, select the TDS ledger and enter the amount of ₹10,000.
- Now, again on the credit side, select the bank account and enter the amount of ₹90,000 and enter the bank allocation details.
- Finally, save the voucher by pressing enter.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a payment entry in tally with TDS.
You can also have a look at 7 different types of TDS entries in tally here.
How to View the Payment Vouchers in Tally ERP 9
We have passed different payment entries in tally.
Where can you find all of the above payment entries in tally? It is very easy.
There are different ways to look at the payment vouchers in tally.
I will show you 2 different ways.
In the Receipts and Payments Report in Tally
- From Gateway of Tally, go to Display.
- Now, select Receipt and Payments from the list of options or simply press R.
You will see all the receipts on left and hand side and all the payments on the right hand side.
- Go through each ledger on the payment side and you can know what are the payments that you have done.
Now, we will see another way of viewing all the payments in tally.
In all of the Expenses Ledgers in Tally
Whenever you make a payment to someone, it is an expense for you.
We can go into each of the ledgers and see for ourselves the payments that we have done using those ledgers in tally.
In our examples above, we have used GST, Office Expenses and Salary.
To go into each of these ledgers, here is a step by step method:
- From Gateway of Tally, go to Display.
- Then select Account Books.
- Now, select Ledger.
- You will see a list of ledgers here. Click on the ledger for which you want to see the payment.
Let’s select Office Expenses.
Following this way, you can easily select all the other ledgers from the list and you can see how much are the payments that you have made to each of them.
Shortcut Key for Payment Voucher in Tally ERP 9
There are 380+ tally shortcut keys. Even if you remember 50 of them, you can run tally like a Ferrari. 🙂
I do it daily and you can do it too with the help of the shortcuts.
The shortcut for payment voucher in tally is F5 when you are in the Accounting Vouchers.
Simply press F5 and you will be in the payment voucher in tally. You can also notice the change in the colour of the screen to light yellow.
On the top left, you can see payment written in the pink tip.
Payment Voucher in Tally with GST – Video
Video will be uploaded soon.
Download Payment Entry in Tally ERP 9 PDF
PDF of this post will be uploaded soon.
Payment voucher in tally is a very simple voucher. It is also one of the basic accounting vouchers in tally that you should know.
If you completely know how to use a payment voucher in tally, I can say that you know one of the basic voucher in tally and that is not a small thing.
In this post, we have already seen different kinds of payment entries in tally like GST, TDS, Office Expenses, Salary and so on.
If you still have questions or suggestions, please comment down below.
I reply to each and every comment. 🙂